Well this is the first time I am remaking one of the beers I have made before. Last time I made this it turned out great and disappeared fast. I wanted another batch of this clean and crisp beer for the summer months. I 7% bock just doesnt cut it when its 90 degrees out. I did modify the original recipe slightly, mostly because of the stuff my homebrew store had on hand. The original had a 3.3 lb can of light LME and 2 lbs Pilsen DME. This one I went with a 3.3lb can of pilsen LME and 2 lbs of light DME. Both had a pound of corn sugar in it, and both had two additions of williamette hops. I have promised some people a few of these, so this one probably will be bottled for portability.
I am planning on doing my first all grain batch sometime this summer and it will probably be a red beer similar to this recipe, but with a few ounce of roasted barley.
I plan a one month primary on this one, then 3 weeks in the bottles. Should be ready by the 4th of july.