Friday, August 19, 2011

Raspberry Wheat - June 30, 2011

I needed another beer in my pipeline, but didnt have a whole lot of time to brew this summer. So I decided to make one of the no-boil brews and add some raspberry to it.

I ended up brewing up a muntons wheat beer, using Safale-05. I didnt want the banana-clove flavors so I didnt use a wheat yeast or hefe yeast. I wanted a nice clean ale which would show off the raspberry flavor.

Due to vacations getting in the way this sat in the primary for about 6 weeks, which is probably a good thing.

I racked it to a carboy on 8/12/2011 and added the raspberries. I plan on two weeks on the raspberries and then onto the keg.

No comments:

Post a Comment