Monday, February 27, 2012

Forlough Pale Ale - Mid November 2011

Well Ive been thinking about doing a pale ale or an IPA for a while now. Its not my favorite sytle, but I decide to come oup with somehting and just brew it. This is called Furlough Pale ale because I was furloghed at work around the holidays for a few weeks, which gave me time to brew this.


Briess 2-Row Brewer's Malt 8 lbs, 0 oz
Briess White Wheat 1 lbs, 0 oz
Crisp Crystal Malt 45L 1 lbs, 0 oz

Amarillo leaf 1 oz @ FWH

Cascade Pellets .5 oz @ 15 mins

Wyeast Labs American Ale

This turned out awesome. I keged most of it, and bottled 10 bottles. I was hoping to send this to a competition. I opened a few before I was going to send them, and there was no carbonation at all, so I didnt send them in.

A buddy and I finished most of the rest of this on new years eve. I will brew this again.

No comments:

Post a Comment